When the rains are here, can deep fried foods and hot chai be far behind? Well, this is what we got when we spoke to some celebrities about what they would like to eat on a rainy day.
1. Shahid Kapoor: I love to have a plate of samosa or bhajjiya on a rainy day. Of course, I will team it up with cup of hot tea. It can be from anywhere in Mumbai. The city is such a romantic place during the rains. My ideal romantic afternoon is to sit by the seaside, looking at the overcast skies and eating a plate of hot samosa!
2. Shah Rukh Khan: I would love grilled chicken or chicken kebabs on a rainy day. I love home-cooked kebabs.
3. Arshad Warsi: Give me some Biryani on a rainy day man! Maria (his wife) makes amazing Biryani. My rainy will never be complete without her Biryani.
4. Varun Dhawan: Yaar its paani puri. It's a perfect rainy day food.
5. Katrina Kaif: Is it raining? Then give me a cinnamon roll and just leave me alone!
6. Kriti Sanon: I am not a great foodie but I make it a point to enjoy a bhutta during the monsoons.
7. Sonam Kapoor: Whenever it rains, I ask for for my favourite corn-on-the-cob which is roasted on coal with a dollop of butter, salt and pepper. It's so mouthwatering. It's the one food that I think about when it rains.
8. Viveik Oberoi : Come monsoons and I love to have the cutting chai and vada pav and samosa's that Mumbai is famous for. Especially outside Mithibai College. It doesn’t taste the same but I love to have it there as it brings back old memories. At times, I take my wife for a drive and when we are coming back late night I tell her let's have cutting chai and vada pav. She relishes it too.
9. Ritiesh Deshmukh: Rains remind me of pakoda, vada pav and chai. I usually have home-cooked pakodas and vada pav over a hot cup of tea.
10. Priyanka Chopra: I eat like a Punjabi. So, whether it's a pizza or a paratha, I will enjoy both equally during the rains.
Featured image: Dhiraj Advani