- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 eggplant, halved
- 5 - 6 Pita bread
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- Few red cabbage leaves
- 4 tsp mayonnaise
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Oil for greasing
- Coriander sprigs
- Slice the aubergine/eggplant horizontally.
- Grease a baking tray with oil.
- Place the eggplant pieces on the tray. Bake this in a pre-heated oven for some time.
- Once baked, de-skin the aubergine. Cut it into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat the pita bread on a grilling pan.
- Heat a pan with oil. Saute chopped garlic and onion. Mix it with chopped eggplant. Add a little red wine vinegar, black pepper powder, salt, chopped green chillies. Cook for a while till flavours are well blended.
- Wash few leaves of red cabbage.
- On the grilled pita bread, place the red cabbage leaves torn into small sections, mayonnaise and the hot eggplant mixture.
- Your babaganoush with pita bread is ready for serving!
- 1 of 10